Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker Settings:
1st Preset Function SAUTÉ/BROWN – 320F
2nd Preset Function STEW/MEAT – MORE/HIGH
3rd preset function HOTPOT - MORE
Yield: about 8 servings
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
½ cup onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Kg beef brisket, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp five spice powder
1 pc star anise, crushed
3 Tbsp Shaoxing cooking wine
3 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup oyster sauce
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 cups beef broth
As needed rock salt
As needed ground black pepper
1 pc carrot, cubed
3 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp cold water
- Set your Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker to SAUTÉ/BROWN then adjust temperature to 320F.
- Heat oil then sauté onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Add beef then sauté until browned.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients except the carrots, cornstarch and cold water.
- Set your Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker to STEW/MEAT – MORE/HIGH
- When done, allow for natural pressure release.
- Remove cover then set electric pressure cooker to HOTPOT – MORE/HIGH.
- Mix together cornstarch and cold water.
- As soon as it starts simmering, add the carrots then let it cook until tender.
- Gradually pour in the slurry and let simmer until thickened but still runny. Serve over rice.