Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker Settings:1st Preset Function “HOTPOT – MORE/HIGH”
2nd Preset Function “SLOW COOK – 8 HOURS”
3rd Preset Function “HOTPOT – MORE/HIGH
Yield: about 7 - 8 servings
500 grams pork belly, cut into 2-inch cubes
2 cups unsweetened orange juice
5 cloves garlic, peeled
1 pc white onion, quartered
1 Tbsp chili powder (American)
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp whole peppercorn
½ Tbsp rock salt
½ Tbsp dried thyme
½ Tbsp dried oregano
½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 pcs bay leaves
- Set your Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker preset function to HOTPOT – MORE/HIGH.
- As soon as the pressure cooker beeps to signal that it is ready, add all of the ingredients except the pork belly.
- Let it simmer for about 3 minutes, then press STOP/CANCEL.
- Set your pressure cooker to SLOW COOK – LESS/LOW and slow cook for 8 hours.
- When done, remove meat from the cooker. Let the meat cool down, then separate the meat fibers using forks.
- Return meat to the pressure cooker, then set to HOTPOT – LESS/LOW.
- Let it simmer until liquid has reduced to about half, then turn off. Leave carnitas inside the braising liquid when storing inside the chiller.
- When serving, remove from liquid then set your Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker to SAUTÉ/BROWN – 10 MINUTES
- Add about 1 tablespoon of oil and a portion of the carnitas, then sauté until dry. May be served as filling for tacos, burritos, or served over rice.