Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker Settings:
1st Preset Function POULTRY – NORMAL
2nd Preset Function SAUTÉ/BROWN
3rd Preset Function WHITE RICE - NORMAL
Yield: about 4 servings
2 stalks lemongrass, whit part pounded
4 stalks green onion, whole, roots washed well
4 cloves garlic, whole
1 sprig cilantro
1 slice ginger, about ½ cm thick
½ pc white onion, quartered
2 cups chicken stock or water
½ tsp whole peppercorns
1 tsp salt
1 whole chicken
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp minced chicken fat or vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic
1 cup jasmine rice
2 Tbsp ginger, grated
2 Tbsp garlic, grated
1 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp peanut oil or sesame oil
Kecap manis or light soy sauce
- Place first 10 ingredients into your Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker, then cover with lid.
- Set your Baumann Electric Pressure Cooker preset function to POULTRY-NORMAL.
- When it is done, release pressure naturally.
- Carefully remove all contents and transfer to a large bowl.
- Set electric pressure cooker to SAUTÉ/BROWN.
- Heat up chicken fat or oil, then sauté garlic.
- Add in jasmine rice, then mix in 1 cup of the broth from the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, then press STOP and set pressure cooker to RICE-NORMAL.
- While waiting for the rice to cook, debone the chicken, then brush skin with sesame oil for added flavor and to prevent from drying up.
- Once the electric pressure cooker stops, let pressure release naturally.
- To make the ginger-garlic sauce, mix together ginger, garlic, cilantro, rice vinegar, and oil.
- Serve deboned chicken with rice, ginger-garlic sauce, kecap manis, and sriracha on the side.
- Leftover broth may be consumed as soup by reheating and adjusting seasoning.