Photo credits: @candyco_
The rainy season seems to be upon us, but that doesn’t mean we can’t bring sunshine into our kitchens! Our Lemon Pound Cake is bright, citrusy, and has all the happy feels of summer. It is soft and dense at the same time; and stays moist thanks to a trick many pro bakers use.
There’s nothing like the bright, zesty taste of lemon pound cake to bring some sunshine to your day. This recipe is perfectly lemony and sweet! Underneath that layer of glaze (yes, you can make it as thick as you want!) is a golden cake that stays moist and rich.
Click here for complete recipe
Now, when it comes to baking, there are a couple of things you can do to ensure best results.
- Measure your ingredients using a digital kitchen scale. Doing so will ensure you are using the right amount of ingredients. First-time bakers often overpack measuring cups with flour, causing the bread to be dry, dense, and heavy. However, if you don’t have a digital scale, no sweat! Simply spoon your flour lightly into a measuring cup, and level it using a knife with a flat edge.
- Brush a glaze on the dough before baking. A few minutes before your breadmaker goes into the baking cycle, treat it to an egg wash to give your bread a golden glow. All it takes is 1 egg plus 1 teaspoon of water, mixed well.
Did we mention we’re giving a HUGE PRIZE for this random giveaway?? There will be TWO (2) winners of a Baumann Living 18L Convection Oven. Yes, folks, you read it right. TWO (2) WINNERS! 18L CONVECTION OVEN!
Join the August Baking Challenge and get to a chance to win a Baumann Living 18L Convection Oven.
HOW TO JOIN:
- Make our Lemon Pound Cake. Take a photo of the cake with the your Baumann Living Bread Maker and upload it on your Facebook and Instagram pages by August 31, 2020.
- Make sure to tag us! IG @BaumannLiving and FB Baumann Living Bread Maker Recipe Exchange, so we can see your entries.
- Don’t forget to use the hashtags #BaumannLiving and #BaumannLivingBakingChallenge.
- Every person who submits a photo following the complete directions will be entered into a random giveaway for a chance to win. Baumann Living Baking Challenge is open only to Baumann Bread Maker users residing in the Philippines.
- By entering the challenge, you allow Baumann Living to repost your entries because we’d love to brag about our great bakers!
Finally, don’t hesitate to email us any questions you may have. We’d love to hear from you!
Are you up to the challenge?? Hoping to see your posts very soon!
Not yet a member? Click here to join the Baumann Living Bread Maker Recipe Exchange group.